Electronics of LSV excites the piezo-electric-crystals inside the tuning fork, which makes the fork tines vibrate at their natural resonance frequency in free air.
Vibrating Fork Point Level Switch for Solids
Amplitudes of vibration are above threshold when tines are free to vibrate.
When material touches the fork tines, vibration stops as resonance gets disturbed.
Amplitudes of vibration, as sensed by electronics falls below the threshold strength, material presence is thus detected.
- Free flowing powders and granules (size max. 10mm).
- Suitable for side as well as top mounting.
- PTFE/PFA/ECTFE coatings for corrosive solids.
- Minimum and maximum fail safe field selectable.
- Process temperature max 250 ºC.
- Process pressure max. 20 bar.
- Compact size.
- Universal industrial power supply. 15 to 80 VDC & 15 to 260 VAC).
- Low power consumption.
- No calibration required.
- Various customized process connections. Starting from 1″ threaded size.
- Settable switching delay as a standard feature.
- Remote electronics version available on request.
- Exd version available-suitable for Gas Group IIC, T6 as per IEC 60079-1-2007 & IEC 600529-2001.